Flexographic Printing Machine Operator
Company: Peachtree Packaging & Display
Posted on: March 19, 2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Flexographic Printer -Operator is
responsible for operating a cylinder press that automatically
performs multi-operations, such as printing, slotting, slitting, or
shearing to form corrugated products from corrugated
board.Peachtree Packaging & Display offers medical, dental, vision,
life, short-term disability, long-term disability, accident, and
critical illness insurance plans. Additionally, we offer paid time
off, paid holidays, quarterly bonus programs, FSA plans, and a 401k
(100% match up to 6% & vested at 90 days!) -plan. These benefits
are offered after 90 days of continuous employment.1st Shift:
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM $23-$27/ hour2nd Shift: Monday-
Thursday 3:30 -PM to -2:00 AM $24-$28/ hourVery competitive pay
(commensurate with experience) -plus daily bonus
opportunities!ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of cylinder press process and
- Log in/out, enter job codes, and shift quantities into
- Complete/maintain the cleanliness of the press, press area,
plate and die area, floor, and the facility.
- Coordinate activities to maximize the quality and efficiency of
make-ready, runs, wash-ups, maintenance, and general work.
- Review job bag for changes, special instructions, and any other
- Set up and verify the placement of specified anilox rolls,
dies, setting print cylinders in proper print stages, filling ink
and/or adhesive pans, and the proper substrate and laminate
material at the press. -
- Set up and verify the placement of the correct inks, coating,
varnish, and/or laminate adhesive.
- Monitor, upkeep, and change doctor blades.
- Mount own plates, verification of plate registration, and
unwind position prior to placement in press (plates mounted on
- Set up and verify correct plate and die registration, unwind
position, size/height/width during make ready.
- Evaluate and adjust register during make-ready and run.
- Evaluate and adjust color during make-ready to achieve the
targeted color and/or the acceptability of all color matches and/or
communicating the need for assistance to a supervisor.
- Proofread the job, making any adjustments or fixes, and
communicating printing problems to a supervisor prior to the
beginning of running mode.
- Set-up of additional finishing equipment as required.
- Record of all data and comments regarding the position of
colors, plates, and anilox rolls on the ink history sheet.
- Evaluate/monitor plate die register, color and defects during
the run and making adjustments accordingly (using a video camera as
much as possible).
- Maintain ink and coating levels during production.
- Pull samples.
- Verify that an adequate number of good count/feet have been run
to satisfy the order quantity.
- Track and record make-ready and run footage.
- Complete/coordinate -dies are placed in the correctly
identified storage container. Advise Production Supervisor if die
requires sharpening and/or repair.
- Complete/coordinate all inks are put back in identified
containers and placed in the appropriate inventory rack.
- Verify all job-related items (job bag and contents, Flexo
-Inspection Verification signoffs, Job History Sheet, press and
press area clean, etc.) are complete prior to the next job.
- Report any safety concerns to management immediately.
- Proper disposal of razor blades and doctor blades.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Follow established department policies, procedures, work
instructions, and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Follow all PPE policies, including gloves, safety glasses, and
hearing protection as required.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as
- High school diploma/GED required.EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five (5) years in flexographic printing machine
operations including -various die cutters.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Experience with a Gopfert machine strongly preferred.CORE
- Knowledge of Flexographic Printer -Machine Operations.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions.
- Ability to use specific computer software to enter and utilize
information in our computer business systems.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematics including
additions, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work
- Demonstrates ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and
other inspection equipment.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant
overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a
- Assist other areas as needed to maintain a team approach.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet set targets and
deadlines.PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- -Standing, walking, talking, hearing, and vision are required
over 95% of the time. -Bending, twisting, and reaching are required
less than 95% of the time. Feeling is required 75% of the time
while pushing and pulling are required about 20% of the time. -Low
levels of lifting (10 pounds or less) are required about 10% of the
time, while medium levels of lifting and carrying (20 to 50 pounds)
are required less than 5% of the time.Benefits:
- Employer-paid basic life & long-term disability insurance
- Medical, dental, & vision (employer pays 60% of premiums for
employees & legal dependents)
- Supplemental life, short-term disability, accident & critical
illness insurance plans also available
- FSA (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k (6% match & vested at 90 days of employment)
- Paid holidays & paid time off*All benefits listed above are
available at 90 days of continuous employment.Equal Opportunity
Employer:Peachtree Packaging, Inc. supports equal employment
opportunities. Peachtree Packaging, Inc. will provide equal
employment in employment practices to all employees and applicants
for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard
to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender
identity, disability, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected
basis.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Peachtree Packaging & Display, Roswell , Flexographic Printing Machine Operator, Other , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...