Company: Wellstar Health System, Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2023
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Demonstrates the ability to adjust technique so that patient
receives the best study possible and that image quality is
* Reports problems regarding malfunctioning equipment to supervisor
or service provider, so that problem can be corrected in a timely
* Cleans, disinfects and maintains equipment in accordance with
infection control policy and department cleaning schedule.
* Ability to properly operate all radiographic equipment in a safe
and competent manner. Assuring that equipment is not abused and is
left in good working order.
- Patient care
* Obtains complete clinical history, gathers examination data and
assesses for contraindicating conditions.
* Ensures that all studies have proper patient identification and
right and left marker are utilized appropriately.
* Reviews radiographic images for clinically acceptable results and
* Responds to emergency situations.
* Uses critical thinking skills.
* Seeks clarification on ambiguous orders.
* Assists other technologists in all modalities when needed.
* Observes patient condition and properly evaluates situations when
physician intervention is necessary so that no patient condition
deteriorates as the result of misjudgment.
* Verifies two unique patient identifiers per policy and verifies
proper clinician order prior to performing a procedure.
* Ensures patient's privacy and comfort is accommodated.
* Demonstrates competence in the determination and application of
appropriate procedures, equipment, supplies and techniques based on
the age of patients.
* Understands, demonstrates and documents Pre-Procedure
Verification and Time-Out process when appropriate, if
* Demonstrates and understands pre-and-post procedural care, if
* Demonstrates and understands sterile technique, if
* Organizes schedule, time and priorities so that required
activities are accomplished within designated time frames.
* Follows physician?s instructions when assisting with procedures
* Practices RBAC (Read Back and Confirm) when taking verbal
- Education and communication
* Patiently and clearly explains purpose and nature of exam to
patient prior to starting of procedure, to minimize anxiety and
facilitate cooperation using AIDET; Acknowledge, Introduce,
Discuss, Explain, and Thank you of all patients and family
* Ensures that patient's questions, concerns or contraindications
are satisfactorily addressed, notifying physician when this cannot
be accomplished, prior to the initiation of the procedure.
* Participates in the orientation and training of departmental
* Provides patients with preparatory instruction and explanation of
* Required documentation is concise, legible and includes precise
* Reads email each day scheduled to work and follows through with
* Completes mandatory departmental and Hospital-wide education
- Quality control
* Produces acceptable images, as evidenced by maintaining a
first-time acceptance rate of 95 percent.
* Ensures that equipment is fully operational prior to each use, by
checking for proper calibration and operating deficiencies.
* Completes all studies in RIS, images are oriented, marked,
labeled, and noted correctly prior to sending all studies to PACS;
prints CD?s as necessary.
* When submitting procedures for interpretation comparative studies
are digitized if necessary and the preliminary sheet is filled out
in its entirety, if applicable.
* Maintain all documentation so that the facility meets ACR
* Technologist is knowledgeable in completing and documenting the
following ACR/MQSA QC test: Phantom, Visual checklist, Repeat
analysis, Compression-pressure, compression thickness, flat filed
test, calibration, Dicom printer test.
* Restocks linens and supplies, and maintains Mammography
Department in clean and orderly condition.
* Transports patients, positions patients, and helps them on and
off procedure table.
* Performs patient charging activities on the day the service is
* Applies shielding.
* Prepares and maintains patient follow-up data.
* Willingly lends knowledge and assistance to others upon request
as needed and routinely as time is available, without prompting, so
that all working time is used for departmental advantage.
* Performs routine duties of clerical and support personnel in
accordance with procedure when warranted to ensure continuity and
quality of services.
* Keeps supervisor informed on all responsibilities on an ongoing
basis, ensuring prompt notification in the event of problems or
* Maintains an individual productivity rate equal to other
* Familiar with Mammography Tracking System.
* Maintains Joint Commission standards and any other regulatory
* Familiar with FDA/MQSA EQUIP program
* Any other duties as assigned.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of
work, and code of conduct.
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiology Technology
- currently ARRT registered. Required
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Rad Tech Required and
- Minimum 1 year experience in Mammography. Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills because this
position requires frequent verbal and written communications with:
physicians, patients, visitors, departmental staff and nursing
staff. The employee obtains, presents and discusses clinical
information regarding job responsibilities on a routine basis.
- Candidate must be able to explain or give directions to
maintain goodwill, and obtain cooperation with all contacts.
- Must possess the ability to function independently and under
pressure while still actively participating in a team
- Position requires the employee to exhibit excellent customer
service skills at all times.
- Must be able to perform effectively in a stressful and fast
paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Must be detail oriented and have the capacity to effectively
multitask throughout the work shift.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the capacity to
interact professionally with a variety of ?customers?, including
but not limited to patients, families, co-workers, volunteers, and
physicians throughout the work shift.
- Must possess the ability to function independently, yet
productively as a cooperative team member with various work teams
associated with the position.
- Must be compliant, with a willingness to follow all Hospital
policies as well as the established practices, protocols and
procedures of the position, department and applicable professional
standards Competent in all aspects of Mammography, patient
positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection.
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how
they affect the quality of a procedure.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- ARRT Mammography Required
- ARRT Radiography Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications
Keywords: Wellstar Health System, Inc., Roswell , Mammography Tech, Other , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!