Medical Tech 2
Company: Wellstar Health System, Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2023
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- PERFORMS RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST
* Works independently analyzing blood and body fluids for ordered
diagnostic tests in General laboratory, Blood Bank, or Microbiology
sections Results all tests using good lab technique and adheres to
* Performs all routine testing in hematology, manual hematology,
urinalysis, coagulation, processing, chemistry , manual chemistry,
blood bank and microbiology as requested
* Performs all lab supplementary tasks for Quality control,
chemical safety, logs all required activities to track workload,
work in progress, pending logs and amended information.
* Effectively communicates all information to appropriate personnel
as required by policy and procedure. Participates in shift to shift
- PERFORMS DUTIES OF SUPERVISORS IN THEIR ABSENCE
* Acts as a resource to the Pathologists. Resolves any issues they
* Fields problem phone calls and resolves issues. Checks the
* Serves as a technical resource to other techs. Trains techs in
* Acts as consultants and advisors to the other Supervisors
- SPECIAL ASSIGNED DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
* Performs scheduled Maintenance on a key instrument.
* Maintains up-to-date procedure manuals.
* Makes sure all daily and weekly maintenance is completed for the
* Maintain reagent logs and logs all new shipment lot numbers in
* Maintains QC reports. Checks L-J charts and monitors closely any
* Orders all needed supplies for the area. Keep inventory stocked 2
* Provides training for new employees in the designated
section/instrument. Creates documents and regularly completes
Performance Improvement Projects.
* Performs linearity studies and correlation studies bi-annually
for their key instrument.
* Evaluates new tests and procedures changes
* Performs C.A.P. surveys when assigned, helps to assign surveys to
others when needed.
* Maintains CAP and The Joint Commission readiness
- BLOOD BANK DUTIES IF REQUIRED
* Participates in a regular bench rotation in the blood bank on
evening or night shift as needed.
* Run automated blood bank instrument according to established
* Performs stat duties as needed.
* Order and supply blood products where needed.
* Complete work assignments for the shift.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of
work, and code of conduct.
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related science,
except for HEW. Required
Required Minimum Experience
- minimum 2 years experience as a Medical Technologist with 1
year of Blood Bank experience if applicable. Required and
- Epic and 3M experience Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Computer/data entry experience.
- Ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare
- Ability to use EXCEL, Word and have basic computer operational
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Med Tech ASCP Certification 1.00 Required 1.00
- Med Technologist (AMT) 1.00 Required 1.00
- Med Technologist (AAB) 1.00 Required 1.00
Additional Licenses and Certifications
Keywords: Wellstar Health System, Inc., Roswell , Medical Tech 2, Other , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!