RN Coor Specialty Program
Company: Wellstar Health System, Inc.
Posted on: September 18, 2023
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Specialty Program management across the continuum from
admission to discharge* Implements and coordinates acute specialty
treatment response with team members* Develops and maintains
clinical practice guidelines, order sets, and care paths; reviews
and revises (if required) annually to reflect evidence-based
practice* Maintains the specialty registry through concurrent data
collection; analyzes and interprets clinical outcome data and
identifies and recommends performance improvement opportunities
based on clinical outcome data* Monitors adherence to clinical
guidelines, tracks variances from guidelines/care paths, and
reports outcome data to specialty specific team and organization*
Reports concurrent data in timely manner with clinical departments.
Serves as liaison between clinical departments by providing
feedback on patient outcomes and analyzing individual department
performance against established goals* Ensures compliance with
regulatory standards to maintain certification; ensures completion
of all intracycle reports submitted to the Joint Commission within
required timeframe* Identifies improvement opportunities and
develops improvement plans to reduce deficiencies in standards and
to improve processes
- Serves as clinical expert for complex and/or highly specialized
patient care situations to hospital staff/personnel and other
health care professionals within the organization and community*
Demonstrates advanced knowledge and practice in the assessment,
diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of human responses to actual
and/or potential health problems via role modeling and
consultation* Consults with healthcare providers, ancillary
services, patients and significant other to assess and identify
individual patient care needs* Promotes delivery of safe patient
- Promotes and develops personal and professional growth and
development* Facilitates ongoing development/education of staff to
function in new roles and skills necessary to care for specialty
population; Provides resources and tools for staff as needed to
support development* Identifies learning needs, plans and
implements annual educational programs for staff involved in
orthopedic care* Facilitates planning and implementation of annual
community outreach and education regarding specialty awareness and
prevention* Incorporates appropriate teaching and learning
principles into design and delivery of educational programs and
materials* Assists patient care staff in the patient/family
education; evaluates patient/family education materials annually,
ensures educational materials are available to staff for
distribution* Represents team at local, State, and national
meetings through educational offerings and involvement in
professional organizations as required* Demonstrates motivation for
learning through independent reading, professional networking and
communicates professional expertise through publications and
presentations at the local, regional, and national level
- Collegial Relations* Establishes and fosters collaborative
working relationship with medical staff involved in care of the
identified specialty patients.* Provides leadership in facilitating
appropriate communication systems between medical staff and other
health care professionals* Facilitates, supports and co-leads
specialty committee with medical director
- Professional Practice* Fosters cooperative spirit among team
members.* Utilizes appropriate intervention behaviors and
communication styles in order to be an effective liaison and
resource* Maintains climate of open communication by listening,
providing regular feedback, and involving employees in process
implementation* Utilizes effective verbal and written communication
skills and maintains appropriate interpersonal relationships*
Serves as professional role model within professional nursing*
Serves as mentor in the development of peers and staff* Promotes
positive learning environment for staff and students* Promotes
professional nursing practice through shared governance,
evidence-based practice and ethical accountabilityRequired for All
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of
work, and code of conduct. -QualificationsRequired Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree degree in nursing (BSN) Required and
- Master's Degree in nursing or health care related field or
enrollment in MSN program PreferredRequired Minimum Experience
- Minimum 3 years recent, acute care clinical experience with
demonstrated teaching experience in the clinical and community
- Minimum 5 years experience in nursing specialty area.
PreferredRequired Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Possesses advanced clinical knowledge and skills.
- Strong analytical, investigative skills, program/protocol
development and implementation experience necessary Demonstrates
knowledge of standards related to the field of practice, financial
management and concepts of interpersonal relationships.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Inter- and intra-departmental coordination of patient care
- Delegation skills required.
- Ability to multi-task essential.
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations
- Strong detail orientation required; Computer skills
- Personal time management skills required.
- Adept as a change agent.
- Utilizes wide range of theories in managing complex problems or
- Demonstrates expertise related to the following required:
commitment to the advancement of nursing practice and the nursing
- communication skills related to knowledge of group/system
dynamics, commitment to staff education and development.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and research required.
- Compliance with the American Nurses' Association Code of Ethics
for Professional Nurses is required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and practices within parameters
outlined in Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice
Act.Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) 1 Required 1
- RN - Multi-state Compact 1 Required 1
- Basic Life Support 2 Required 2
- BLS - Provisional
- BLS - InstructorAdditional Licenses and Certifications
- National certification in clinical specialty must be obtained
within 2 years. Preferred
Keywords: Wellstar Health System, Inc., Roswell , RN Coor Specialty Program, Other , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!