ï»¿GENERAL FUNCTION: If you are an outgoing and resilient
individual with great people skills and an insatiable desire to
succeed, then join our team at Fifth Third Bank where we provide
all the essential tools for your success! Fifth Third Bank
isseekinga professional and tenacious Mortgage Loan Originator to
perform a wide range of duties relating to the origination of
residential mortgage loans. You will provide lending solutions for
a homeowner''s financial needs, both short and
long-termandassumeoverall responsibility for the mortgage loan from
its application stage to its closing. In this role you will not be
aligned with a Fifth Third Financial Center or line of business
partner but instead will be focused on
generatingexternal/outsidebusiness(purchase and refinance loans),
within your local market developed through external relationships
(realtors, builders, developers, etc.). This position will work out
of a home office, Fifth Third Corporate office, or otherapproved
locations.You willalso h
* Recognizes market opportunities, understands similarities &
differences of competitors, and effectively communicates the Fifth
Third value proposition.
* Develops strategies, business plans, and marketing plans to drive
sustainable business opportunities with external customers
* Proactively and consistently meets with referral sources such as
realtors and builders to explain Fifth Third mortgage options that
are available to their customers.
* Follows the Fifth Third sales process (Prepare & Prospect, Assess
Needs, Recommend Solutions, Close & Implement, and Follow Through)
engaging the One Bank team as needed, upholding core values and
building loyal customer relationships.
* Fosters interactive dialogue by actively listening, asking
needs-based questions and gain an understanding.
* Effectively presents options and responds to objections by
linking product/service to need and clearly explaining value,
features, and benefits.
* Provides holistic financial solutions to current and prospective
customers by coordinating customer proposals. Proactively surfaces
prospective clients and provides solutions to meet affiliate, team
and customer goals.
* Develops a negotiation strategy, overcomes objections,
confidently asks for business and ensures a win-win outcome.
* Demonstrates an understanding of Fifth Third products and
services including features and benefits.
* Actively consults with prospective borrowers to provide the
appropriate financial solution for the assessed customer need.
Introduces clients to key partners (Personal Banker, Wealth
Management Advisor) if the appropriate customer solution
* Actively participates in training and development opportunities
to maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing
procedures, underwriting and general departmental guidelines.
Provide Suitable Solutions
* Consistently and accurately collects necessary documentation
including application (Fannie Mae form 1003 via Unifi/Home Connect)
* Engages fulfillment partners to successfully deliver
product/service to customer within approved SLAs.
* Communicates with external referral partners, and/or applicants
to provide timely updates and manage expectations.
* Utilizes bank approved devices (e.g. PC and/or blackberry) for
communication and access of daily rates, customer information,
Fulfillment communications and other critical activities related to
the loan origination process.
* Maintains knowledge and adheres to Fifth Third Mortgage
Company''s policies and procedures including Follow defined
protocol for escalation exceptions.
* Attends and participates in all Mortgage meetings as required by
* Attends loan closings and ensures exceptional customer experience
is achieved for both the consumer and referral partner.
* Ensures customer is well informed and quickly responds to
* Presents self in a courteous, friendly and professional
* Encourages customer to complete Customer Experience survey and
maintains future contact to build long term trust and loyalty.
* Finds opportunities to deliver our brand promise through
community service. May volunteer, advise, or serve on community
Board(s), presents at seminars/conferences.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.