Entry-Level Auto Technician (2nd Shift)
Posted on: May 6, 2021
At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren't car salesmen. Our promise is
simple: we won't sell a car to a customer that we wouldn't sell to
our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate
condition, we've built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers
around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and
photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana
Certified 150-point inspection process, we're able to verify that
every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our
customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying
experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented
individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you've got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below
to see what we're looking for!
About the team and position
As an Entry-Level Auto Technician you will have the opportunity to
drive the customer experience through working at one of our
Inspection Centers that help recondition the vehicles we sell to
our customers. The qualifying candidate must love helping people
and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic,
self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with
all levels of the organization.
What you'll be doing
* Perform technician services such as routine 150 point
* Record imperfections found during the initial inspection
* Notate and test all controls and features on the vehicles
including back-up cameras, lane departure, Bluetooth, etc.
* Perform technician services such as routine inspections and
maintenance (other than timing belts).
* Complete lube, oil, filter, and fluid flushes/exchanges.
* Follow proper operating rules, procedures, and standardized work
initiatives as assigned.
* Work on a variety of vehicle tasks for extended periods of
* Partner and provide clear communication with other team members
and departments involved in the vehicle reconditioning process
* Maintain a clean and productive work environment by keeping tools
and supplies organized throughout the Inspection department.
* Report any safety issues or accidents to management
* Other duties as assigned.
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 4:30pm to 3:30am.
Hours of operation are subject to change based on business needs.
You may also be required to work overtime to support those business
needs and will be given as much advance notice as possible.
What you should know
This position requires a minimum of 6 months of Automotive
Technician experience or an automotive trade school degree and
requires someone with an entry-level understanding of vehicle
repair while having an interest in continuing a career as a
Technician in the automotive industry.
* Minimum 6 months of Automotive Technician experience including
* A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team
* Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools
* A quality-first mentality that takes pride in upholding Carvana's
vehicle quality standards
* Strong, consistent attention to detail
* Entry-level understanding of vehicle mechanical repair
* Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and
* Ability to review, analyze, identify problems, and make
* An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing production
environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather
* Strong communication skills to engage with all departments at the
It would be great if you also had
* ASE Certifications
* Experience working in a high-end automotive facility or
* Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment
* Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company
What we'll offer in return
* Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
* On the job training
* 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
* Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
* 401k with company match
* ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
* Vehicle Discount
* A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing
for varied and rapid career development
* A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must have a valid driver's license
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
* This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of
lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from
* Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20
* Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent
stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling
in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may
have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
* Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
* Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited
to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, masks, and other
protective garments and equipment
* Requires frequent driving and some typing
* Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This
role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Carvana, Roswell , Entry-Level Auto Technician (2nd Shift), Professions , Loganville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!