HVAC Maintenance Tech Mechanic- Full Time
Company: Piedmont Healthcare
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Responsible for maintaining and repairing heating, ventilation, air
conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems. Maintain the
safe operation of highly complex systems and equipment. Specific
systems may include: electronic/pneumatic environmental controls,
fan powered boxes and auxiliary
equipment (various pumps, heat exchangers, air compressors, etc.)
chiller operations, BAS controls, pump operations, water treatment
program, air handler units, VAV's, walk-in coolers and freezers,
refrigerators, ice machines and boiler operations.MINIMUM EDUCATION
High school diploma or GEDMINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of Maintenance Tech experience to include HVAC
Experience may be substituted if graduate from a HVAC program.
For systems that include BAS controls, experience must include one
(1) year of commercial/healthcare HVAC/HVAC BAS experience or
graduation from a BAS program.MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION
REQUIRED BY LAW:
EPA - Universal CertificationADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Valid Georgia driver's license & adhere to Piedmont's Healthcare
Vehicle Safety Program policy 3500criteria preferred.
1. Check and record readings on a regular basis, on equipment and
2. Maintain, troubleshoot and repair systems that may include
boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, VAV boxes, PIU and
fan coil units.
3. Respond appropriately to incoming calls from patients, visitors
and staff. Follow-up on all in-complete request with supervisor and
4. Maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other systems
in the facility.
5. Perform preventative maintenance duties on equipment and
6. Keep and maintain accurate record and logs on equipment, systems
and grounds as required.
7. Maintain high standard for building and grounds.
8. Performs and documents physical assessment clearly and
9. Participates in the operation of the care environment by
completing the appropriate logs on equipment, systems and
10. Repairs kitchen equipment
11. Test and operate generators as outlined per NFPA 99 and
12. Repair ice machines.
13. May be required to read blueprints, as-built drawings and
wiring diagrams.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and
- Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Life Safety Codes.
- Strong Knowledge of Conditioned Air System Code.Disclaimer
The above information is intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so
Diversity & InclusionAt Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse
ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace
where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences
and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at WorkPiedmont is a certified Great Place to Work---- a
national designation based on employee feedback about trust,
workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont
one of Georgia's 10 best employers and the highest-ranked
Keywords: Piedmont Healthcare, Roswell , HVAC Maintenance Tech Mechanic- Full Time, Professions , Snellville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!