Company: Pearle Vision - Roswell
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe below Job Description is intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by associates
assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, and is subject to changes and exceptions at the
discretion of senior management. JOB TITLE: Optometric Office
Technician / OpticianREPORTS TO: Store General ManagerFLSA STATUS:
Hourly; Non-ExemptPOSITION PURPOSE: The major responsibility of the
Optometric Office Technician is to assist the Optometrist in the
technical and administrative operation of an optometric practice.
The position will interact with patients/customers by delivering an
exceptional patient/customer experience, foster patient/customer
retention, and promotes outstanding associate/doctor satisfaction.
will also work with patients in selecting/measuring/ordering
eyewear OPTOMETRIC OFFICE TECHNICIAN/ Optician The Optometric
Office Technician plays a key role in the optometric practice.
Their duties may include the utilization of computerized medical
office software, administrative office procedures, health insurance
processing billing and transcription of medical reports. An
Optometric Office Technician role may combine skills of a medical
office administrator, medical billing and collections, appointment
scheduler or medical records clerk and direct patient care.
Candidate will be cross trained to work and understand all areas of
the Vision Center. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Clinical
- Taking patient medical histories
- Preparing patients for examinations
- Administering tests prior to the eye exam
- Assisting doctors during examinations Administrative Job Duties
- Greeting and directing patients
- Answering telephones
- Updating and maintaining Electronic Medical Records
- Obtaining insurance verification and authorization
- Scheduling appointments
- Processing insurance claim forms
- Patient and insurance billing
- Optometric medical billing
- Vision insurance billing
- *The Clinical Skills can be learned on the job. No experience
with clinical skills is necessary to apply. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasional travel locally, within 25 mile
radius.QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to
meet/exceed customer expectations as well as foster positive and
results-oriented associate, doctor and host relationships.
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability, willingness
to take calculated risks, and follow-up.
- Experience with personal computers preferred.
- Valid State Driver's License and State Minimum Insurance
- High school diploma or equivalent, or comparable experience
typically achieved with a minimum of 1-2 years in a retail
Keywords: Pearle Vision - Roswell, Roswell , Optometric Technician, Professions , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!