Operation and Maintenance Mechanic Specialist
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Eligible for Sign on Bonus
Operations & Maintenance Mechanic Specialist (Location- Fulton
Must be available for first or second shift work schedule
The Operations & Maintenance Specialist is part of our Building
Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our
continued growth with our current customer at the University of
North Dakota, we are adding this position to our team. This person
will be located at the University of North Dakota campus, Grand
Forks, North Dakota. This individual will be responsible for
maintaining University Housing Buildings and Grounds. Ideal
candidate will have a maintenance and housing facilities
background. Come join our growing team.
Performs a variety of repairs and services in a specialized
building system environment with a high emphasis on HVAC,
Mechanical Systems, building maintenance, carpentry, painting, and
plumbing. Working knowledge of Electrical / Electronic BAS, and
other similar types of related equipment and systems is a PLUS.
- Service, Repair, Maintain, Monitor and Adjust HVAC systems to
keep within allowable parameters.
- Performs a variety of service work, general maintenance. This
may include carpentry, painting, plumbing, along with facility
repairs to building systems, electrical fixtures, appliances, and
- Provides direction and training to less experienced O&M
- Plans, selects, and lays out required materials for service,
repair, and preventive maintenance work.
- Works from drawings, schematics, blueprints, job layouts or
verbal instructions and operates a variety of tools and machines
incidental to operations.
- Requisitions new supplies and equipment.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Is required to participate in an on-call rotation schedule to
attend to emergency situations at the facility.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires five or more years' experience in operations and
- Requires in-depth knowledge of various maintenance fundamentals
sufficient to deal with service and repairs.
- Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to
the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work
in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.,
- Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as
- Required to use a variety of hand and power tools or man
- Preferred Universal EPA Refrigeration Certification.
- Basic Electrical system working knowledge.
- May be required to possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check and subject
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Roswell , Operation and Maintenance Mechanic Specialist, Professions , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!