Geotechnical Construction Laborer (Adairsville Area)
Company: Schnabel Geostructural Design & Construction
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Schnabel Geostructural Design & Construction was founded in 1959 in
Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven
by an intuitive understanding of what clients value the most...
Getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and
efficiently as possible!
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel
still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven
pathway to success.
(This opportunity is also available throughout Georgia.)
Schnabel is looking for a geotechnical construction laborer to
assist with the installation of excavation support in our
construction projects in Georgia.
Job Responsibilities (not inclusive)
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate the movement of
machinery or materials
- Dig, trim, clean and prepare piles, then install and backfill
for hardwood lagging
- Dig, trim and backfill for underpinning pits
- Place and vibrate concrete, mix sand-cement and dry-pack for
- Operate machines that pump grout or concrete as well as, apply
shotcrete through spray nozzles for application to walls
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using
floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools
Other duties include but are not limited to mixing grout, tending
tieback drill rigs, shotcrete work of digging trenches, cleaning up
debris, or other duties.
Laborers also operate hand and power tools of all types: air
hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists,
surveying, and measuring equipment, and a variety of other
equipment and instruments.
- A minimum of 6 months of construction labor work experience or
a certificate from a training program and 2 references
- Underpinning experience (not required but preferred)
- Lagging experience (not required but preferred)
- Be able to pass drug screening
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver's license or other accepted legal ID
- Safety conscious (comply with safety procedures)
- Experience with picks, shovels, and air tools for
- Preference is given for experience with a forklift, small earth
moving equipment such as a mini excavator or skid steer loaders
Typical Physical Demands
- Ability to climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, squat and
tolerate heights without fear due to nature of job typically
outside with often uneven and/or muddy ground; Must have the
ability to exert heavy physical effort, handling average weight
objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work in levels of noise, dust, moisture and temperatures
normally found on construction sites
- Work in confined space as needed
- Work is mostly outdoors
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to
providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.
Videos To Watch
Keywords: Schnabel Geostructural Design & Construction, Roswell , Geotechnical Construction Laborer (Adairsville Area), Professions , Adairsville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!