GIS Technician I
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Merrick & Company is looking for a GIS Technician for our growing Tucker, GA office located at the Georgia Transmission Corporation office. Local candidates only.
* Provide support to the senior GIS staff
* Takes direction to perform GIS data gathering, digitizing, conversion, and analysis
* Applies cartographic standards to prepare maps and exhibits using GIS datasets
* Minimum one (1) year experience working with ESRI 10.x software applications and extensions
* Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
* ESRI ArcGIS and ArcPro required
* Bachelors degree or Associates degree or GIS Certificate is preferred
* High school diploma is required
* Knowledge of shapefiles and geodatabases
* Knowledge of data projections and how to manipulate
* Demonstrated understanding of basic GIS concepts and methodologies such as drawing scale, spatial databases, spatial projections and coordinate systems, text and annotation placement, layer control, add and calculate fields, etc.
* Experience with ArcGIS Online and mobile apps a plus
* Demonstration of understanding of cartographic methods
* Attention to detail, organized, customer focused
* Able to work in a team and multitask
* Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines when necessary
* Ability to track and report project progress for timesheet and budget reporting
* Some field work will be required, accompany project teams to transmission line study areas and walking in proposed right-of-ways to collect GPS locations
* Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
* Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
* May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
* Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
* Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
* We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
* Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
* We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Merrick, Roswell , GIS Technician I, Professions , Duluth, Georgia
here to apply!